“Five Petals of PRO‐U‐T (Progressive Utilization Theory) Based on Neohumanist Education”
by Dr. Shambhushivananda, Chancellor, Ananda Marga Gurukula University, Anandanagar, India.
Summary of workshop presentation at the Neohumanist Education Seminar, April 15, 2014 in Caracas, Venezuela.
1. PROUT‐based Neohumanist Education (NHE) is about expanding our awareness in order to free us from ill health and stressful life; and moving towards a blissful life through a sentient lifestyle. It is more about reflecting upon our attitudes, living habits and worldview than striving towards mere grabbing politics and power.
2. Prout is about a journey from scarcity to abundance for one and all including other species. It involves alignment with nature, use of green technologies and using creativity to find solutions that utilize existing resources in most optimum ways for the good and happiness of all.
3. PROUT is about liberation of human intellect and freedom from dogmas. It is about exposing the dogmas of science; rigidities of social norms and even established worldviews.
4. PROUT is about replacing local vulnerabilities with greater resilience in all walks of life. The discourse of Prout-based education enhances economic power of local communities and regional self-reliance.
5. PROUT is about tackling the challenge of historical social injustices: recognizing and eliminating the wide disparities in all walks of life and urgently moving towards minimizing inequalities especially in economic affairs. Diversity is healthy but disparities increase social tensions and inhibit the full utilization of human potential and collective wealth of all species.
Prout in a nutshell is a new socio-economico-political philosophy that calls for all-round changes in our attitudes, lifestyles, socio-economic structures, public policies and education systems.